Though it is mandatory to purchase insurance, but yet there are many people who drive without insurance. If you are involved in a car accident, and the other person is uninsured, you need to recover your losses from your insurance company. The best bet is on uninsured motorist (UIM) coverage. If you purchase UIM coverage, you can recover the amount caused by the accident.   

If you feel your case is complicated, consult a car accident lawyer so, you can get appropriate solutions.