Cases We Handle
What is personal injury?
A personal injury case arises when an individual has been hurt through the carelessness or neglect of someone else. Through a lawsuit, the victim may receive compensation for their injuries from the guilty party, be it a single person or a corporation.
Monetary compensation is referred to as “damages.” Common damages that can be recovered include medical expenses, money for lost wages during the time you cannot work, disability benefits, and money for the emotional distress, which is called pain and suffering. These are considered compensatory damages, with the aim of making the victim whole again. Punitive damages, on the other hand, are meant to punish those at fault, and are only awarded in the case of egregious wrongdoing.
How do I win a personal injury case?
To win a personal injury case, you must prove the other party was negligent. Negligence is a matter of carelessness. Did an individual act in a way in which any other prudent person would under the same circumstances? Negligence can be an action, like hitting a bicyclist with one’s car, or inaction, like not maintaining the property in a slip and fall accident.
Karpe Litigation Group Practice Areas
Karpe Litigation Group has been winning the hard cases for two decades. When a case gets complex, we leave no stone unturned to get to the bottom of things and prove that you deserve just compensation for your injuries.
- Auto Accidents: Car accidents can cause injuries with long-term consequences, such as Traumatic Brain Injuries, concussions, whiplash spine injuries, back injuries, and broken bones. Medical bills can get expensive in these types of cases, especially when ongoing physical therapy is required.
- Semi-Truck Accidents: These often differ from regular motor vehicle accidents in the severity of the accident. These cases often involve trucking companies and can get complex, which is why you need an attorney who is familiar with semi-truck cases.
- Motorcycle Injuries: Motorcycle accidents are more likely to be fatal than the other types of motor vehicle accidents. Wrongful death cases have a different set of damages that can be awarded to the family of the victim.
- Brain and Spine Injury: Traumatic brain injuries and spine injuries are common outcomes of motor vehicle accidents. They can also be the result of slip-and-falls, jobsite accidents, or even medical negligence. Brain and spine injuries often have long-lasting effects and can be severely detrimental to a person’s earning potential and day-to-day life.
- Nursing Home Neglect: If your elderly loved ones are not being properly cared for, serious injury or even death can occur. Bed sores or fall injuries are signs that you have a case. Punishing those responsible by pursing an injury case is how you can ensure that facility does not continue to mistreat its residents.
- Slip & Fall: These types of cases often arise from a landlord or business not properly maintaining their property. Injuries from slip & falls can involve physical therapy and having lasting effects, especially to the elderly. Brain injuries can result from a slip & fall as well.
- Workers Compensation/Job Site Injuries: Dangerous work environments can lead to injuries or death. The most dangerous job sites are construction sites. No matter the job and work space, the bottom line remains the same: if you are injured at work, you are entitled to financial recompense.
- Insurance Disputes: The insurance company does not want to pay your claim. Period. And they will do everything in their power to discredit you, minimize your injuries, and chip away at the size of your claim. At Karpe, we are very familiar with fighting the insurance company to make sure that you are properly compensated and will make sure you will get every dollar that you are due.
- Police Misconduct/Civil Rights: Law enforcement is supposed to make the world safer. When someone in a position of authority abuses that power and injures a civilian, it is a terrible thing. We have a deep well of experience with high profile civil rights cases and know how to win them.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
Karpe Litigation Group offers free consultations. Our attorneys are happy to confidentially discuss your legal options with you risk-free; we do not collect a fee unless we successfully resolve your case.
If you would like to speak with us, fill out our contact form or call 1-888-228-7800 to discuss your potential case with one of our attorneys.