Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Indianapolis, Indiana
" WINNING THE CASES
THAT OTHERS CAN'T "
Warning Signs of Elder Abuse
- Neglect: Malnourishment, bedsores, poor hygiene, lack of basic necessities like water and food or medical aides
- Frequent injuries: Common trips to the emergency room, unexplained or poorly treated injuries, unexplained bruises, bone breaks, burns, cuts and sores
- Signs of sexual abuse: This includes bruising or blood surrounding the genitals, thighs, or breasts, and unexplained sexually transmitted infection
- Sexual Assault & Harassment: Claims for sexual battery which happen at a medical facility, nursing home, motel/hotel/temporary rental housing, apartment, summer camp facility, camp, or any other business. We also cover employee claims for sexual harassment.
- Psychological signs: Depressive or withdrawn behavior, signs of fear, anxiety, agitation, disorientation and confusion, wild stories about how an injury occurred
- Financial abuse or exploitation: Withholding of medical care, a lack of amenities the patient can clearly afford or excessive gifts given to caretakers
The Nursing Home Bill of Rights for Residents
- The right to be free from abuse
- The right to be free from physical or chemical restraints
- The right to ownership of personal property
- The right to personal services and accommodations
- The right to share a room with a spouse or the roommate of one’s choice
- The right to make choices about daily life
- The right to access personal medical records
- The right to access information about the outside world
- The right to a safe environment
Contact an Indianapolis Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Contact us today to set up an initial consultation and get you and your family member on the road to a safer lifestyle, free from injury or abuse.
Contact Karpe Litigation Today!
NO FEE until WE WIN.
Recent Blogs & News
Frequently Asked Questions
How Karpe Litigation Group Can Help With Your Nursing Home Abuse Case?
At Karpe Litigation Group, advocates ensure that the care and respect you deserve should be given. Our Nursing home abuse attorneys will make sure to receive the best compensation and give you your rights.
Moreover, our consultation is free. We analyze your case and give you appropriate solutions. We only charge you when we receive a settlement or win a case.
What are the types of Nursing Home Abuse?
The most common types of nursing home abuse are:
- Physical abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Financial abuse
- Sexual abuse
Is Nursing Home Always Responsible For Nursing Home Abuse?
Nursing homes carry a strict ‘duty of care’ rule for residents. They must look after hygiene, food, shelter, and appropriate medical care. Moreover, they assist with therapies and other physical activities.
When it comes to medical, there is scope for activities in which a resident may suffer injury or abuse. Generally, in such cases, the nursing home can be held responsible due to the reasons below:
- Negligence of staff
- Lack of monitoring of the staff
- Not providing daily necessities of living, like food and water
- Imposition of unreasonable or dangerous physical restraints
- Abused by staff members
If any of these gets proved in front of the jury, then the nursing home is legally responsible and has to face the consequences.
Where can i get more information about nursing home abuse accident legal services?