Skip to content

Workers Compensation Accident Lawyers in Indianapolis, Indiana


A workplace can be dangerous, especially for people with jobs in construction or truck driving. Even with jobs that may seem relatively safe, many things can happen during a “9 to 5” that can result in an injury. In 2013, in the state of Indiana alone, 54,311 injuries happened to people while on the job, according to Indiana Workers’ Compensation.
Workers’ compensation insurance protects employees in the workplace and provides injured workers with a safety net to help pay medical bills as well as temporary and permanent disability status after an injury. This includes both physical injuries sustained on the job and occupational diseases caused by work activities. All employers who have at least one part-time employee are required to have workers’ compensation insurance, so that if or when someone is hurt while at the workplace or as a result of their job activities, no doubt exists whether or not the injured person can receive compensation for their needs.

What Injuries are Covered by Workers’ Compensation?

There are rules and stipulations to receiving compensation for injuries sustained in the workplace. Here are a few examples of injuries that would be covered by an employer’s workers’ compensation insurance:
  • Any physical activity that happens at work, which includes lunch breaks, break time and any work sponsored activities
  • Industrial accidents, slip-and-fall incidents, and injuries that result from defective machinery and/or equipment malfunctions
  • Diseases caused by exposure to certain workplace chemicals, such as lung cancer from continued exposure to toxins
  • Injuries caused by repeated stressors that fatigue the body, like lower back injuries, or hearing loss from excessive noise
  • Injuries caused by a coworker (for example, on a construction site)

Construction Accidents

One especially hazardous workplace is a construction site. Falls and muscle strains are both common injuries that happen on construction sites. Not only can they require major medical attention, they can also sideline workers from their jobs for a very long time, depending on the severity of the injury. Lost wages will pile up in addition to medical bills. This is why special attention is given to workers’ compensation cases that occur on construction sites.
General contractors are expected to make sure that construction sites are reasonably safe, which means they must also warn employees of hazards, hire responsible employees, coordinate and train employees on job safety and supervise employees’ following of safety standards. Which construction injuries are covered by workers’ compensation? The answer, according to All Law is “pretty much all of them.” All injuries that construction workers incur on the job site are covered, but the question becomes, to what degree?
If an injury is entirely the fault of the worker, there is still compensation available to the employee. However, more money may be available for injuries, especially major, work-prohibitive injuries, that are determined to be the fault of the employer, which include lost wages and pain and suffering. This is where the help of an experienced attorney is useful.

Workers’ Compensation for Truck Drivers

Driving a tractor-trailer requires skill and basic knowledge of accident prevention. Falls from a loading dock, traffic accidents, repetitive body stress, injuries from loading or unloading cargo or lifting heavy equipment can all occur. Because so much of the job is solitary, the most important thing to do when injured is to notify a supervisor immediately. This way, action can be taken before injuries worsen and filed claims will have the benefit of accident details that are still fresh in everyone’s minds.

What is Covered Under Workers’ Compensation?

  • Medical bills:Not only are initial medical bills covered, but typically, vocational rehabilitation and physical therapy should also be covered to get you back to work
  • Attendant care:If your injuries are serious enough to require a medical attendant, this should also be covered by your workers’ compensation
  • Wage loss: You are entitled to a portion of your pay from the time that you are unable to return to work following your injury. This usually works out to around 66%, of your gross pay, or at a minimum, $50 per week.

With all kinds of forms to complete and dos and don’ts to follow in the state of Indiana, it can get confusing what your next step should be – especially if your employer disputes your claim and you are struggling to get compensation. An experienced workers’ compensation team like workers’ comp and job accident injury lawyers at Karpe Litigation can work with you to ensure you get the full compensation you deserve. You pay nothing until we settle your case, so contact us today for a risk-free first consultation.

Contact Karpe Litigation Today!

NO FEE until WE WIN.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Recent Blogs & News

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What are the workplace accidents?

    The most common workplace accidents are:

    • Slip and Fall
    • Machinery accidents
    • Loud noise
    • Hazardous chemical inhalation
  • What are the common causes of workplace accidents in Indianapolis, Indiana?

    It highly depends on the work atmosphere and surroundings. The most common causes of workplace accidents are:

    • Poor Lighting
    • Hazardous Materials
    • Acts of Workplace Violence
    • Stress
  • Why you should hire Karpe litigations workplace accident attorney?

    At Karpe Litigation group, we have a team of experienced workplace accident lawyers. We understand the severity of the injury and the financial loss you are going through. We give personal attention to your case and stand by your side entirely to fight against the culprit. Hire the Best Indianapolis Workplace Accident attorneys to get the best solutions to your case.

  • Where can I get more information about workplace accident legal services?

    To know more regarding workplace accident legal services, you can reach us by email address at or call on 1-888-228-7800.