Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Indianapolis, Indiana
" WINNING THE CASES
THAT OTHERS CAN'T "
For two years running, the Insurance Information Institute reports fatalities from motorcycle accidents are on the rise nationally, while the number of motorcyclists on the road also continues to rise. With such a steady increase of motorcycle accidents in Indiana, it’s important to hire the best Indianapolis motorcycle accident attorney Indiana has available for your case. Give us a call today at 317-251-1840!
Riding a Motorcycle
Can Wearing a Motorcycle Helmet Help in an Accident?
Despite the overwhelming evidence that helmets save lives, Indiana law only requires motorcyclists under the age of 18 to wear a helmet (Indiana Code 9-19-7-1). Despite the mandates of Indiana law, all public health experts urge motorcyclists of all ages to wear a helmet whenever operating or riding on a motorcycle to avoid traumatic brain injuries and fatalities.
Comparative Fault in a Motorcycle Accident
Need another reason to wear a helmet? Indiana has a “comparative fault” rule in personal injury cases, which means that even if the accident is the fault of the other driver, there is a good chance that you will share some financial fault with the other driver if you weren’t wearing a helmet and were injured as a result of the accident. For your safety and peace of mind, it’s best to always wear a helmet when driving or riding on a motorcycle. And have the information of a motorcycle accident attorney close by!
What Should You Do Following a Collision Involving a Motorcycle?
- Call the police. All insurance companies will require an official police report. A report from a police officer documenting the negligence of the other party involved in the accident will be of utmost value when filing a claim
- Seek medical help. Do not wait to seek medical attention. If you have been injured, not only is it important for a medical professional to care for your injuries, but having medical documentation is just as important to your claim as a police report. A medical professional will be able to verify the severity of your injuries.
- Document the collision. If possible, take pictures of the damage to your bike, as well as your injuries, and write a written record of everything that happened – the sooner the better. This way, you can ensure you remember all the details that can help strengthen your case.
- Contact Karpe Litigation. You will want the help of a personal injury attorney who can handle all the details of your case and ensure that you receive proper recompense for your injuries. There is no need to try to handle all the complexities of a personal injury suit on your own, especially while you are recovering from a major accident and/or injury. Let the motorcycle accident lawyers at Karpe Litigation Group handle the legalities, so you can handle your recovery.
Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident or Injury
Karpe Litigation is a motorcycle accident law firm determined to ensure that your injuries -and your case- get their due attention.
A Top Rated Indiana Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Working with insurance companies after a motorcycle accident while trying to recover from your injuries can be an incredibly frustrating experience. Let Karpe Litigation remove the burden and do the hard work for you. You owe nothing unless your case is won or settled. Contact us today for a free initial consultation and take the first step toward moving past your motorcycle accident or injury, and on with the rest of your life.
Contact Karpe Litigation Today!
NO FEE until WE WIN.
Recent Blogs & News
Frequently Asked Questions
How can a lawyer help after an Indianapolis motorcycle accident?
An Indianapolis motorcycle accident lawyer is familiar with motorcycling traffic legislation. They are familiar with the area insurance representatives, defense attorneys, and court laws and procedures. Their experience and knowledge can assist you in reimbursing the claim to the extent.
What are the leading causes of motorcycle accidents in Indianapolis, Indiana?
Accidents are unpredictable and can happen due to any uncertain reason. But the most common reasons which lead to accidents.
- Distracted while driving
- Rash driving
- Drunk driving
- Using a cell phone while driving
- Cutting the lane
What if the other driver blames me for the accident?
This mostly happens if one doesn’t want to bear the finances caused due to him. But you can prove them wrong by representing the evidence and witnesses. In the end, the court believes in solid proof and legal report, which you represent. An Indianapolis motorcycle accident attorney plays a big role because when the case becomes complicated, it’s all upon the motorcycle accident lawyer how they represent and negotiate on your behalf.
Where can I get more information about motorcycle accident legal services?